Before we get into the notes I just wanted to make a point of clarification as I would like to avoid miscommunication and information being taken out of context.
The notes below are my interpretation of what I hear at the meetings for the time I am present and they include matters which I think the public will want to be aware of.
These notes are not fully inclusive of all items on the agenda and are not verbatim notes. If you have questions or want clarification about anything I have noted I would definitely recommend reading the official agenda first provided below as well as reading the official meeting minutes when they are available.
My intent for these posts is to keep the community informed regarding what is happening in town as I know it can be difficult to attend meetings and read through all of the agenda’s and minutes.
Jan 10, 2023
Click here for agenda
-Report – Election Accessibility-Page 29 on agenda, required report, no complaints received and report submitted and received by council.
CAO Update – verbal update
-CAO suggested an expense of $5500 to purchase laptops for 3 council members, 2 members on Council sit on the County and 2 pieces of technology are supplied. Council asked Staff to look into if IT support could be provided if council members were given an technology allowance instead of provided with a laptop. Staff will review and bring back to council.
-Development Charges has now been received from all developers so Well 5 Tender is now up.
-By-Law Officer Vehicle has been changed to a Lease instead of a purchase and the vehicle has arrived. The vehicle is electric and is a Chevy Volt, charging station at the water treatment plant has not been installed yet as staff was told to expect the vehicle not to be delivered for another couple of months.
-Painting from the Royal Bank has now be installed in the library meeting room. The Riverbend Artist Group coordinated and oversaw the project.
-Training for staff and council for the safe drinking water act.
Public Works Superintendent-Verbal Update
-Champion grader has been pulled off the road due to health and safety issues. The Volvo also has been making some sounds so the plan is to get the new grader up and going asap and used the Volvo as a spare when needed.
-Sidewalk Machine was damaged over the holidays, most of the repairs were covered under warranty. We have been told that the blower they are using is too heavy for the machine so if we continue to use it the repairs will not be covered in the future.
-Year end report- Page 40 on agenda
Verbal Update-Page 43 on Agenda
• Z13-2022 073535 Sideroad 24-25 Roll #113250 Public Meeting Jan24/22
• CDM01-2022 Hamilton Lane Block 43 Plan 7M-73 Public Meeting Jan 24/22
CURRENT FILE UPDATE:
• SPA02-2022 202373 County Road 109 Roll #100300 – 2nd submission received
• Z12-2022 28 GIER STREET Roll #304700, for a 2nd/expanded driveway – Notice of Decision sent on Dec 14/22, Appeal period over Jan 09/23 – VERBAL UPDATE-Parking will all be on the east side of the driveway now instead of east and west as per the owner and their representative.
• Z08-2022 & SPA01-2022 – 10 Watson Road – Zoning & Site Plan – Recommendation Report Jan 2023
• B03-2022 174354 County Road 25 – Lot Line Adjustment. Clearing Conditions
• B01-2022 BH AGRI Ltd 241010 Concession Road 2-3 – Lot Line adjustment. Clearing conditions
• 22T-202201 Grand Valley Business Park (Thomasfield) – Clearing Draft Plan Conditions
• B5-2021 Tupling – Severance. Form 2 Certificate issued on Dec 14/22 – File Closed
• 22T-201501 Thomasfield Phase 3A-2 (Plan 7M-78) – Issuing Municipal Approvals
• 22T-201501 Thomasfield Phase 3B – Finalizing Pre-Servicing Agreement
• 22T-201502 MOCO Farms Subdivision – Clearing Draft Plan Conditions
• County MCR process: Public Information Centre on Jan 21, 2023 – Phase 2 Official plan Amendment
– Schedules and maps and Transportation Master Plan – current conditions and findings
• Zoning By-law Refresh – transition to new format Q1 – 2023
End of my notes as I had to leave the meeting at this point.
Disclaimer- These are my personal notes from the meeting. The purpose of these notes is to give an update on what is happening around the Town of Grand Valley. If you would like to view the official agenda and minutes you can find that here.
Leave a Reply